Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 26

Prayer Request.


My incision opened up again. This time in an entirely different spot and thankfully, smaller. By the way, when I saw "opened up" it's not a gaping wound, it's small but opened non the less. Have you ever had dry socket or an opened wound? You know that feeling when air hits it? That's the best way to describe the pain. It should heal on it's own (with cleaning). I don't understand that, but here's to hoping!

Or your prayers would be nice.

I've barely done anything to cause this tearing. However, we do own the basement of our house, which means I climb stairs when I want to use the kitchen or leave. So I use them a lot. I've only used the stroller for a few walks and when we would go shopping but that is it walking wise, because that does still hurt to do.

Anyways, my healing time is going to be a bit longer than I thought. I won't be doing crunches any time soon ;) I have another doctors appointment tomorrow to check it out.

Another prayer request is for me as I finish writing the birth story. I've been kind of apathetic and not wanting to deal with my emotions, how I am feeling about everything that happened and what I am going through. See, I have been in the process of writing it since week 2 of Chase's life. I've written the facts and the timeline of the labor and I'm now adding my emotions with it all. It's hard to find the words to describe what I was going through during that time.


This is written on the front of my journal. It perfect.





"Once you get over the fear, then it's a cinch," she said. And then she leaped into a mountainous and unexplored region of her heart. It is here where she must begin to tell her story.



You may not understand what I am talking about right now. Why is this such a big deal? I can't explain it but it's almost as though I am mourning a dream I had. I am also working through some of the questions and struggles I have with God regarding this.


Some of you have voiced your curiosity of the birth story and I will be posting it as soon as it is finished. It's mostly for me to process what we went through, but I do want to share with you. I want to keep you apart of this journey, especially if you've watched it from day one.

2 comments:

Little Mrs Mason said...

I will be praying on both fronts...

God will hold your hand and heart..

Anonymous said...

Hi Jami,

I just wanted to say that I completely understand what you are going through. My c-section with Maizie was one of the most traumatic, emotionally painful events of my life. My midwife described it just the way you did...it's the death of a dream. Writting your birth story will be so healing, but certain aspects of what happened may take longer to come to terms with. And that's OK. So, be patient with yourself. I will be praying for you:)

jami scott