Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 30

A 'Girls Only' Update.


First, an update on my little man. He is still fighting this cold. Poor buddy. He has been sleeping a lot more than normal, sleeping very good at night because of this. He doesn't wake up to feed and I actually have to wake him, which is not normal for him. I've also had to force feed him, because he was too lethargic to eat. He is just not himself and it's breaking our hearts. Tomorrow I am taking him into the doctors.


If you happen to be a man and you happen to be reading this very blog, I suggest you stop! Just for this one and trust me you'll want to stop.


Seriously, stop.


Many of you know, especially if you've seen me in person, that I am not lacking in the milk department. Not at all. Pre-pregnancy I was a lovely size B, as soon as I became pregnant I moved to a D and now I am DD possibly E. You think I'm kidding, right? I SO wish I was!!!! Since Chase has been eating less since Thursday I've been pumping like crazy otherwise I'm in pain.


Side note: I've been wanting to put "Jami is pumped!" as my facebook status but wonder if it's inappropraite. For some reason it cracks me up every time I think about it!

I'm oddly disproportionate now. (5'1 and DD/E??! REALLY?!) As my stomach slowly but surely shrinks, even I look at myself in disbelief. My friends and hubby also always point this out. Not that I need to be reminded! When I wear the sling with Chase's 11 lbs in it plus the weight I already hold out front, my back is killing! Hahaha..... oh golly. I am thankful though that I am not lacking milk. That would be harder, I think.

Enough about boobs, pumping, milk...
Onto something that is helping me with this life change and transition.

I am at home A LOT more than I ever have been. I love being with my boy, but I need some kind of creative outlet.

My creativity has sparked for the first time since Chase was born. I am feeling inspired to continue in the things in which I am passionate; photography, art, writing, craftiness, projects, etc. SO I am beginning a "weekly" DIY project on my suchprettyrain blog. I hope to keep this up because it truly does inspire me and make me feel a little more like myself.

Alright, I need to go to bed since Chase is sleeping right now! Since he has been sick, we've borrowed a baby swing from a friend and WHOA. It's been such a miracle. Chase goes in, Chase immediately falls asleep! Before he was born we were told we probably would only need a bouncer, no swing...


I could have saved myself so many hours for sleep, cleaning, craftiness, napping, etc if I had just gone with my instincts and bought one! Now we are FOR SURE getting one!


No comments: