Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 3

An achy morning leads to afternoon cuddles.

This morning was a bit rough for Chase. A circumcision and getting his heel pricked, yet again.

The plan was that Ted would be home in time to come and be with Chase during his circumcision, but yesterday around noon Ted called me from Kansas and told me our car had broke down and that he was hoping to be home by monday (today). My mom and sister had to leave last night, so my grandma drove down so I would have a ride to Chase's appointment this morning. Well, and I didn't want to go alone to this particular appointment.

Chase is definitely a growing boy and today he weighed in at 9 lbs 14 oz, 22 inches long & a 15 in head and is in the 75% with each. Remember he was born 8 lbs 15 oz, 21 in long & a 14 in head! He is now 16 days old and hasn't lost an oz since birth.

I couldn't stay to watch the circumcision because I didn't want to see my baby go through that. They told me he didn't feel a thing, so that was comforting. Well, he is feeling it now. I changed two diapers since the appointment and almost cried along with him both times...

He is a cuddly boy and today he is extra cuddly. In fact he is lying, sound asleep, on my chest.

I love this part the most.

I am now going to take the advice of most mommas and nap while he is napping... sounds amazing right now.

No comments: