Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 28

His First Cold & A Secret Exposed.

Chase's first cold began yesterday. Poor boy. I noticed he sounded congested yesterday afternoon when we were doing tummy time. Since then it's gotten worse but thankfully he isn't running a fever! We got saline drops to help loosen up the mucus, and I am hoping that will be all it takes to beat this thing. I just don't want him to get a fever! That would frighten me.

Last night I ended up sleeping in the recliner with him, in order to keep him upright. I didn't get much sleep, but it's really incredible how your mommy instincts truly kick in and you just do what you've got to do in order to keep him safe and secure. He is extra cuddly and clingy today, which I don't mind at all. I just want him to feel better!


Still smiley as ever though!

Today was my 6 week appointment. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks... and I can. I'm serious. Some days I am in awe of how fast it's flown and some days I feel like I had him months ago!

Okay, so my incision is going to heal on it's own and it actually looks better. I've really been taking care of myself and not lifting things I shouldn't. It freaked me out enough to teach me a lesson. It's still going to be a while before I am fully healed, in fact another 4 weeks. That was kind of disappointing, but I'm going to obey this time.

I lost 7 pounds since my check up 4 weeks ago. Not great, not terrible. I've ate terribly the first 4 weeks, so I am just glad I didn't gain any weight. Here is a funny story about the jelly belly...

Today Ted and I went through the drive thru at our bank. Out of habit, I turned the pen over and pushed it against my belly to click it open. My pre-prego belly and my tight prego belly 2 would instantly click it open, this time it just went into my skin and nothing happened! HAHA! Gotta love this jelly belly.

And for looking like this only 6 weeks ago... I should be grateful for where I am today. Seriously, when I saw this prego picture, I started laughing. It's so crazy how big I got!!


So Jami, just how much weight did you gain?
Here is something I will share NOW because as much as it may embarrass me, I want to be honest AND I also want to look back in 9 months from now and be proud of the weight lost (hopefully). Did you notice how I would update on my weight gain throughout the pregnancy up until the last 3/4 weeks? ... :) Yes it is that bad.

Well, the last few weeks, I ate EVERYTHING in my path. I was so anxious and bored. Too very bad combinations. I ate everything I craved.

So how much weight did I put on? 48 pounds!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I can't! Well, I can because it's still hanging on me ;) So far I've lost 32 lbs and I would still love to lost another 20!

Secret exposed.

I've learned my lesson for the next pregnancy. Wow, I just gave myself chills saying "next pregnancy". My goal of 2 children under 2 may have just changed. As of right now, I'm just a tad fearful of going through labor again!

1 comment:

Little Mrs Mason said...

you will do the twenty... maybe we could walk together.. when I get done with my runs, I have to go for walks to cool down.. maybe I could come by and get you and we could take chase out..

or I could just come by and hold him for you while you do your exercise of choice... I am usually off work at 230pm, and have until 530pm to pick up david..

you are a beautiful woman, and mama... I say woman because you fought for those curves and those pounds, and a healthy wonderful baby... and they will go, and it is part of being a woman... and you are beautiful.