Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 17

Week 37: Full Term!

Can you believe it's been 4 days since my last update? Yeah, I'm a little shocked myself ;)
Well, here we are at 37 weeks and full term! Baby can now safely arrive any day!!

Baby E/C:

If Baby arrives now his/her lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb. Baby could weighs 6 1/3 pounds and could measure a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long- which makes me wonder, what colour?! Although baby's hair and eye colour can and most of the time do change not long after birth. The baby is moving lower and lower inside of me and because of this I can breathe a lot better, but he/she is SO scrunched! My stomach is always rock solid, because it just can't stretch any further! At all times I can see where his/her bum is.

Yesterday we had our check up and our Doctor checked Baby's heartbeat and then once the baby started moving like crazy (which always happens right after the checkup) and Dr. Hill said, "This little one wants out now." I was like, I wouldn't mind that.

Every evening before going to bed, we talk and sing then pray for the baby and Ted is always praying for the baby to come now. I love it and I want that too, so very much. We'll see. I am waiting for a friend of mine to go into labor first cause she's due next Friday and she'd be so devastated if she was last out of the 5 of us here (well now 2 pregos). Anyways, still nothing for me down below, which kind of surprised us because I get pretty frequent contractions. I still think baby E/C is going to hold out til 40 weeks or more, but I can hope!

Momma:
I am about to write how I am doing - but I'm not complaining, I feel great for 37 weeks prego! It's just for memouries sake and because some of it is just funny. Sleeping is still hard to come by, but it's not too bad, I mean I still sleep some :) My back is beginning to ache more and my legs feel numb or like dead weights still as the baby moves lower and lower (ODD feeling). Basically I can't sit too long and I can't stand too long, so I mix it up as much as possible. My 5'1 frame can not take any more weight or pressure, or so I think. I was glad to know I've only gained a pound since last week and 1/2 pound is baby. I've now hit 33 pounds and am no longer fitting into my size 5 capris that I was just a month ago! YIKES! I dream of what it would be like to go running- let's hope this desire stays inside me 'til after the baby arrives!

I am SO anxious lately. I've been trying to do things to make my mind not constantly be focused on the "when is baby coming". It's so odd that baby can come at any given time. I can either go weeks with contractions until I dilate slowly, or wake up one day/night and bam OR baby could wait 'til the due date and even then the baby could still wait! I don't know which category I fall under, which is odd. I love surprises too and this is just eating me up. I want to meet our baby, know if he/she is a E or a C!!

I am what is called a "freak show". Meaning, everywhere I go, people just stare at me and how huge my belly is. My mom just heard a story about a petite girl, 5'2, who was prego and her baby went straight out too and even with how huge her belly got- she still only had a 6 pound baby! That's probably going to be me too. CRAZY!

Okay, pics to come - even though I'm at the point where I do not want a photo taken, I know I would regret not taking this weeks photo. So I will!! Our camera is still out, pray for it to come FAST because it could still be another 6 weeks... which is so sad. We love taking photos and now we're about to have the most exciting day happen and no camera! Our friend is letting us borrow his nice camera for those moments, so that is good.

Sorry this is long,

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

hey girl! how exciting. i had lucas at 36 weeks, so i didn't experience the last month of getting that huge belly. it will be over before you know it and you will be holding your little one and being pregnant will be such a thing of the past. i pray God's grace over you during this time and that He will prepare you for labor and equip you for all those mommy skillllllllls. :) you will do great! yes take lots o pictures! can't wait. and who is the last girl that's prego??