Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 26

Our Baby Names (Hints)!

This morning I spent at the base working on the few projects they needed done and then I just chilled with Alanna at my side! I had a lot of fun watching her try and guess our boy's name.

I absolutely adore our baby names that we have decided.

:
Our girl's first name begins with an E and is totally me and it's also unique. I decided I wanted this name when I was 16 and thankfully Ted really fell in love with it. It means Strong. It only recently made the baby name website and still isn't on a few of them. Her middle name is a place inside of a country we love and means break of day. Ted and I were searching and as soon as Ted spoke the name, I knew it was perfect. Combined, it's truly beautiful.

:
Our boy's name took a while to find. We like the literal meaning of his first name rather than the meaning they have for it on baby name sites. So scratch that meaning, once you hear "it's a boy" (if we have a boy). I can't actually share the meaning of the first name because it would give it away. The middle name is something we've had for a while and it's meaning would give it away as well. The combination of the first and middle name is what makes his name so literal. And very Ted and Jami- if you know us even the littlest bit. Basically, I've given close to nothing away about our boy's name. Sorry, but I don't know how to describe it without giving it away!

I am bias about our names of course, but sometimes I have this incredible fear of man and what people might say. Then I realize, our names are very Ted and I and they are meaningful to us both. That is what matters. Sometimes when I here a baby's name, I initially may not like it but when you put a face to the name, or you know the parents well to know it's totally them, or you hear why they've chosen the names and you fall in love!! You can't be too quick to judge!

No comments: