Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 1

The Womb and Some Incredible Verses.




I know I've just updated the blog with photos, but I've got to share some things that have been on my heart a lot lately. I am subscribed to the Above Rubies email newsletters, and the most recent one talked a little bit about the womb, and I thought this was interesting.

Different meanings for the womb;

"house of life"
"nesting place"
"palace of a child" (This is what it means in Chinese)
"sanctuary"
"the secret place" (from Psalm 139:15)
"cradle of the unborn"
"God's creative workshop"

Another thing I've been looking into is different verses throughout the Bible about children, the womb, God creating, and simple truths. It's been incredible to read and look into. Some of the following verses I've found may be out of context & paraphrased, but really spoke to me about our little love. Here are some of the verses that I really feel for our baby (and if you are prego, and have a child maybe consider some of these verses for your own little one, they are incredible):

You may not know me,
but I know everything about you.
I know when you sit down and when you rise up.
I am familiar with all your ways.
Psalm 139:1-3

Even the very hairs on your head are numbered.
Matthew 10:29-31

For you were made in my image.
Genesis 1:27

In me you live and move and have your being.
Acts 17:28

For you are my offspring.
Acts 17:28

I knew you even before you were conceived.
Jeremiah 1:4-5

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
Psalm 139:14

I knit you together in your mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13

And brought you forth on the day you were born.
Psalm 71:6

And it is my desire to lavish my love on you.
1 John 3:1

My plan for your future has always been filled with hope.
Jeremiah 29:11

Because I love you with an everlasting love.
Jeremiah 31:3

My thoughts toward you are countless
as the sand on the seashore.
Psalms 139:17-18

And I rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

I will never stop doing good to you.
Jeremiah 32:40

I desire to establish you
with all my heart and all my soul.
Jeremiah 32:41

And I want to show you great and marvelous things.
Jeremiah 33:3

I've realized lately the importance of prayer for our little love and with each of the verses that I read above, I became more and more excited for this one's destiny and where God will lead him or her and most importantly His love for our baby. It's incredible. When I first lay in bed at night, our baby starts it's squirming and kicking here and there, and it excites me so much. I love just lying there, talking to the baby or singing little songs of how much I love him or her. I felt silly when I first started this, but honestly it helps me to feel really connected with our little love. It's the most precious thing. Maybe I sound a bit crazy, but I really don't know if I've ever felt this way. I can't even describe it.

Thanks for listening, once again!!
Love,
Jami & Baby

1 comment:

Kami said...

I'm sure that I have posted this before, but it is a quote that you will find is so true;

"Having a child is having your heart walk around outside your body."

~Madre