Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 30

Week 26: Finding Perfect Peace.


Baby: The network of nerves in baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He or she can now hear both Ted and I's voice as we chat with each other and when we sing to it at night. Baby is inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his or her lungs. (These breathing movements are also good practice for when baby is born and takes that first gulp of air.) And I can tell that baby is continuing to put on baby fat. He or she now weighs about 2 pounds and measures 14 inches! Quite the mover still. I awake to him or her kicking up a storm, usually around 4 am, consistantly! I think it's God preparing me for the night wake up calls for feeding! I don't mind it though =)

Momma:This past week has been the most stressful week yet. I've given into fear, and being stressed out more than a pregnant woman should. But I am seeking His perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3) in all of the newest changes. This morning we had a checkup at the clinic and this was the first time I had to go without Ted, which was hard. I haven't had the best experience in the clinic, and today was yet again, a disappointment. It's hard to have a birth plan and place totally altered. I used to just get through the appointments knowing that I wasn't going to be them throughout this entire, incredible process. Now... this is my reality. I am going to be going through this clinic, and having one of their 6 midwifes deliver my baby. I will say I have been treated nicely by 4 out of the 6 midwifes (so let's pray I get one of them). There are two that I really like, and I am praying one of them will deliver our baby.

Anyways, if you think about it, please pray for us. This has been a really rough week and I am seeking peace, but I honestly am not quite there. Ted is feeling total peace about having the baby at the hospital. I am NOT against hospitals I promise, it's just that I had a birth plan and it's gone... maybe that's a bit dramatic.

Alright, well photos to come. I have now gained 20 pounds, which freaked me out a bit, cause I'm only 6 months 1/2, but thanks to advice (thanks Hannah), and the fact that we are down the mountain, and living in a safe neighborhood to walk in... I'm hoping to only gain 10 more pounds at the most.

Please know too... my greatest heart's desire is to see our baby born safe!! Although I keep talking about our altered birth plan, this truly is my hearts desire.

On a much lighter note... I've started to get "charlie horses" like none other. I've never really dealt with these before, I sneeze and my legs cramp up SO bad. One night I freaked out, I was in so much pain, that I woke Ted. Poor guy! Thought I'd share cause it's kinda funny!

Thank you for caring and for praying for us!
Love,
Jami & our little sunshine =)
(Photo above: i found a bib and onesie that had "daddy's little sunshine" on them, and I will purchase them someday soon)

No comments: