Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 25

Week 25: Baby & Momma & a Confession.





6 months, 1 week, and counting...

Baby:
So cute: baby is able to touch and hold his or her feet and make a fist. I just read, Ted may be able to hear his or her heartbeat by pressing his ear against my belly! I heard it through a stethascope 3 weeks ago, so I don't doubt it! Head to heels, your baby might now measures about 13 1/2 inches. His or her weight — a pound and a half, which may not seem like much, but baby is beginning to exchange his or her long, lean look for some baby fat. As he or she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and baby will start to look more and more like a newborn. Baby is also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture - SO curious about that one!!

Momma:
Nesting always on the mind, backaches are kicking in more everyday, I've begun to get swollen if I am on my feet to long, and that actually really hurts! It's harder for me to sleep a night through anymore; whether I am up to the bathroom or tossing and turning to get comfortable. I MUST sleep with a firm pillow between my knees or not sleep at all anymore! It's kind of crazy to me how fast these changes came, but I'm not complaining ...yet =). The best part of each new weeks growth: our baby's movements getting stronger!! I can see now where the baby's head is. That might sound weird, or actually maybe it's not even baby's head now that I think about it. But I can see a little bulge a lot these days!

Okay so I have a little confession... I LOVE my big baby bump. As we take every week's new baby bump shot. I tend to make it exaggerated, and I have never yet sucked this belly it, or tightened the muscles. WELL, I recently read... you should be tightening the muscles kind of like "sucking it in"! I was mortified, and bummed all at once. So I am going to try that, it really hurts when I do it now. My muscles have been chillin (well stretching) for the past 6 months. Oh man!

I've got to run to worship practice, but thanks for listening to me babble.
Love,
Jami & Baby E or C

1 comment:

Hannah Mayo said...

Aw you're adorable as always :) I loved my bump too, and never sucked in/tightened muscles. I had no idea you were supposed to. I'm fine though if that's any help.