Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 18

24 weeks: BAM!

As you can see I've REALLY GROWN! When I saw the belly pics Ted took, I realized just how much. Oh wow!

Baby E or Baby C:
Our baby is over a foot long (not sure exactly how big, but he or she was measuring 12" 3 wks ago), and 2 pounds! I can feel when the baby is moving or which side it's laying on and most of the time, as soon as it puts pressure on my bladder, I know it! Baby's brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon. He or she will soon begin to get plump!

Momma:
Doing great, getting huge :). But I am loving it. I've gained 15 pounds now, and I can def. feel that. Mostly all in my belly, breasts, and most recently I've noticed my thighs have put a bit of weight on! But I'm not worried. We move back down the mountain to our home (YAY!) Next weekend, which means walking everyday!!! I am so excited to be back at home. Oh yes, I have hit the nesting point. The past month has been hard because we live at our mountain campus, so I can't wait to get home. I have so many things planned to take care or and create before our little love comes! Lately, I've grown a lot and have to toss from one side to the other while sleeping, many times a night. I'm using my body pillow every night!

Well, we're doing great! Oh, a quick story... one night I was awake for a few hours, my mind was super active with everything I wanted to do when I moved back to our house, I couldn't sleep! Anyways, the baby was up too, and going kind of crazy. So I started talking to him or her (I still think it's a girl) in a soothing voice, and the baby calmed down!! How crazy is that!! I have been singing 'You are my sunshine' to baby E/C and I can't wait to see if the song calms the baby when he or she comes!!

Thanks for listening!
Love,
Jami & Baby

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, you've gotten big! I mean that in the sweetest way possible:) I am so happy for you, what a blessing you are!!!