Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 8

Week 27: Clearly... not so clear!

Today I am officially 27 weeks prego. It's hard to believe by the end of this week, I will be in the 3rd trimester! It's incredible, and really truly sinking in.

Baby:
Baby weighs 2 pounds and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his or her legs extended. Baby is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing its eyes, and perhaps even sucking its fingers (which we've seen, so yep)! With more brain tissue developing, baby's brain is very active now. While his/her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if baby were to be born now. Last night I had a braxton hicks contraction lasting the entire night, but found out that is okay. Baby E/C kept me awake for most of the night, with it's tightly cramped quarters, he/she was trying to get comfortable I think. Poor baby!

Mommy:
GREAT! Despite the lack of sleep, occasional (new) heartburn, and backache... I am doing really good. I get more and more excited as the time to bring our baby into the world draws nearer. A few weeks back I rewrote our birthing plan, and I keep revising it, and probably will up until the day of the birth. I was talking with my mom today, and realizing just how close this really is. Each week, I am amazed at how my stomach stretches even further, and how the baby's kicks become even more frequent, and I can sense the baby is more alert to my voice, and our singing, and the conversations I have with Ted - I feel like he/she knows our voices!

Funny stories (hence the title): I hope these make sense.
1) In the drive thru Starbucks (me driving), birthday gift card in hand, we ordered our drinks and went to pay... I handed the lady my Starbucks gift card, she went in the window, came back out and said, "Do you want to keep this? It has nothing on it." My brain wasn't working, so I responded with, "Oh let me have it back, I will take it back to the person and let them know there wasn't any money on it." She looked at me weird, and handed me the card. After she went inside the window, Ted said "No baby, she used all of the money on the card already." I felt like an idiot; I literally thought that the card had NOTHING on it.

2) I had to call and reschedule an appointment with the clinic, due to a snow storm, and I told the lady, "Today I am supposed to meet with Patty @ 1pm, can I reschedule." She was away for a second, and then came back and said, "Hon, I have a Monday morning @ 8 with Jenny." I then replied, "Oh... that's weird, I'm pretty sure they scheduled me for today @ 1 with Patty." She said, "Hon, you wanted to reschedule, so this is the earliest I have." Again, felt so spacey! I can't believe my brain!

Tonight adds my 3rd funny story:
3) Wednesday night's I have girl's nights with friends beginning with snacks and America's next top model, and ending in laughter and/or deep conversations usually. Tonight was one of those times for laughter. Well, a commercial for a new type of dr.pepper came on and I didn't think before I spoke and said, "That can is really creepy... it's like black..........and red." LONG PAUSE as my friend's were taking in what I had said, then they busted out laughing. Mostly because the ironic thing is my favorite colours are black and red, and our entire living room and dining area is asian theme with black and red!

In the moment, these were all a lot funnier. I just had to add them!

Alright, I am still unsure about doing a week 27 photo, because we just took week 26. I am waiting to see if I feel like I am growing anymore, and then if I do I will post one this week. That may sound weird, but I can actually feel for two days straight, when my stomach is stretching and growing. It's usually when I finally get comfortable with where I am, and then bam, some more stretching. I'm still waiting for those stretch marks to come to this short torso body of mine!

Love much,
Jami & Baby E/C

2 comments:

Hannah Mayo said...

Haha I was so absentminded toward the end of my pregnancy too- it was hilarious. You look amazing. Thinking about you :)

Anonymous said...

Jami, Thanks for sharing the funny things...it is always a light spot in my day! I had forgotten about that pregnant brain...oh, that's b/c now I have the forty-something brain! Madre