Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13

The 3rd Trimester Has Arrived!

We are officially in entering the 3rd trimester, which means 12 weeks or less until we get to meet our beautiful Baby! Ted and I were lying in bed last night, just talking to him or her, and Ted told me how it's really begun to hit him this week too; we are going to be parents! We are going to raise this child, guide him or her! A LIFE!

Whoa.

Week 28:

Baby:
Our baby (approx) weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 15 inches from the top of his/her head to heels. Baby can blink his/her eyes now, which now sport lashes. Baby's eyesight is developing and he/she may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb!! Baby is also developing billions of neurons in his/her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

The differences that I have personally felt with the baby in the past two weeks, if I haven't already shared, is the baby's growth! I feel like my belly hasn't grown much, but the baby has, so it has very little room to move. I know this because I've recently felt him/her kicking my ribs (for the first time) and also, I will have my arms down at my side, and will feel a kick from within AND on my arm. Which is crazy weird to feel. I don't know if I am making sense, but what I'm trying to say is, I feel a difference in the baby's position and length. His/her new favorite position is head down by my hip bone, and feet kicking me near my ribs. It doesn't hurt though...well not yet! He/she also loves underneath my belly button, it's such a strange feeling to me still! My belly is so tight, my belly button is ready to pop, and I wonder when the stretch marks will come, because it has to be soon! My skin can't go any further!

Momma:
I have been getting swollen by the end of the day and I definitely feel and know my body is producing 40% more blood, like they say. It's kind of my least favorite part of being pregnant right now. I call my legs, troll legs. Summer shorts and capris and skirts, aren't going to be as cute this year :)

Other than swelling up... I am feeling great. I have the backaches pretty frequently from the weight out front, but it's not unbearable yet. My most recent change is my width. I read that our bodies adapt to fit our growing uterus in between weeks 26 and 30, by slowly spreading our rib cage a little bit wider. I couldn't believe that and went to look for myself in the mirror, sure enough, I am WIDE! It's amazing how our bodies are made to hold an entire life, and it adapts to all of the changes! I am amazed still. Oh and I've recently gotten back fat, like actually on my back! I know that sounds weird, but it's the truth!

Alright, pics to come. Maybe I should take pics of my "troll legs" one evening when I'm swollen, just for memories sake :)

Love,
Jami & Baby E/C

2 comments:

Kami said...

I think your troll legs are beautiful. It is a labor of love...thank you for being such a wonderfully adorable vessel for my grandchild! ;)! I love you so much and can't wait for you to be a mother...12 weeks and counting! Madre'

Anonymous said...

hello my beautiful friend! how exciting that wonderful baby will be here before you know it, charish these last few weeks of pregnancy because believe it or not you will miss it lol (i already do)
ps. dont worry hunny i totally understand that back fat part haha
love and miss you my friend! hope to see you and that baby one of these days.
luv-danielle