Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29

30 Weeks Already?!




Above photos:
My mom, sister and I painted our bedroom/baby room yesterday! Here is a pic of my 30 week belly and a painted face which I did from the top. I couldn't even see the lips til I looked in a mirror! haha. I also added a lip ring for Ted just for memouries sake. Sneak peak of the colours behind me!

10ish weeks 'til we meet our precious baby!

You know your prego when- you love to touch your growing belly and find your hand on your tummy more often than not!

Baby
Baby is about 16 inches long now, and he/she weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds baby, but that volume will decrease as baby gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Baby's eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he/she's born, baby will keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When baby does open them, he/she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he/she can only make out objects a few inches from his/her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.) His/her grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger too! Our baby has the hiccups a lot, in fact most of the time it is when the baby is head down. Poor baby! Today he/she had them so hard that my whole tummy was rocking to the rythym. Just like mommy in that way already - I seem to get hiccups a lot.

Momma:
Growing baby = growing belly. Loving my baby and baby bump. I am getting more achy and it's been harder to sleep lately, but nothing unbearable yet. I awoke to heartburn one night and had it for 45 min. straight! I was confused because I thought it had to do with indigestion. My swelling is 10x better due to drinking lots of water and going for walks whenever I can, so that's a blessing. Somedays I do wish I wasn't naturally petite and 5'1, but that is something I really need to get over and face the reality that I will always be this small, so in pregnancy I will always be this big and almost abnormal looking. Actually... most definetely abnormal looking! Seriously, it's a miracle my body can stretch this far and carry this baby so far out! Kind of amazing!

I've truly enjoyed this experience of being pregnant so much. I realize more and more each week the reality of this and the fact that God's entrusted us with our baby and he/she will be arriving before we know it! Sometimes it scares me but most times I have this excitement within that I can't explain.

Ted and I went for a walk around the pond by our work and talked about how much God has really been preparing us, molding us and really challenging us in our integrity and in our walks with Him. All in preparation to being parents. We've really grown in this season, the past 30 weeks, in many ways and it excites me so much for what is just around the corner. God has really and truly lovingly challenged me to trust Him completely. For those of you who know me, this part is the hard part. Trusting Him completely means letting go of everything and putting it in His hands. Please pray for me in this, because it is something that I have struggled with for years. I want to bring our baby into this world, letting him or her know how trustworthy God is and how they never need to doubt Him. But it is something I myself kind of need to understand and believe first!

The past month I have also struggled with feeling extremely lonely, which is something I haven't felt in a long time. I think that it's some kind of attack on me before becoming a mommy. Please pray for me! I want to bring our baby into this world in joy and peace. Ted has been amazing through this all but this is something we both want to see change. I want to walk in truth of who I am!

Oh and about our maternity photoshoot... we had to reschedule due to something that came up on saturday and we are now doing a 31 week photoshoot. I told our two friends that will be helping us with this, that if I get a stretch mark between now and then, how crazy that would be! I'm hoping for a beautiful day and good memouries to be captured. So look forward to them!

Much love,
Jami & Baby E/C

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AWWW, i get more and more excited to read your blog with how close you are! Your belly button is so cute, mines about even with my stomach and it wouldn't surprise me if it popped soon... I love how your so big, and your body is capable of it! (it gives me hope, since were the same size) haha Your too cute!
I came to comment on the last post and how funny it was! Dan and i went through a "i pooped" conversation, but i got more of a "uh well congratulations babe" and a joking smirk everything i head to the bathroom no matter what..lol
Hope you guys are doing good, we will be praying for you, life is going to be exactly how you want when the baby comes, dont worry about it to much, the Lord is good!
Aww, love ya!
Ash

Adrienne said...

cute mommmy. cute belly.

Hannah Mayo said...

Cloth diapers: I love them. Yes they end up being much, much less expensive then disposables. And I promise they're not as difficult as they might seem.
Some good info:

http://babyrabies.com/2008/09/05/yes-i-use-cloth-diapers-no-i-dont-wear-birkenstocks/

http://babyrabies.com/2008/09/07/cloth-diapering-the-specifics/

http://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/basics.htm

We used disposables for a week when he was too tiny for our cloth and I was pretty much on bedrest so not doing laundry. Now I love using cloth diapers and wouldn't go back. It's good to try a lot of different kinds and see what works for you. There are places that have rentals and trial packs. I've never tried Bummis personally so I have no insight there. Let me know if want more info :)