Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 19

Week 33; Oh, This Belly!


33 weeks and counting!

Up close and I still don't think this does me justice. I AM bigger than this!

Baby is sticking WAY out.

From my point of view, I have no toes.


Well, here we are! 7ish weeks away! And just look at this belly of mine- it's insane and only to get bigger (which is so unbelievable)!


Baby E/C: 
Our baby weighs approximately 4.5 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. He/she rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in baby's skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him/her to fit through the birth canal.  Rapid brain growth has increased the baby's head size approximately 3/8 of an inch this week. And fat continues to accumulate which turns the baby's skin color from red to pink.



Our baby is measuring a week ahead (so 34 wks) as of yesterday. The funny thing is the past two weeks I've been experiencing the most intense back pain during pregnancy yet. I asked her about this and when she measured me, she said, "This is why you've been experiencing sudden back pain." Now, this unfortunately does not bring our due date a bit closer because at this rate the baby is packing on fat and inches and each baby grows at it's own pace. So while this week our baby is measuring a week ahead, two weeks from now I could be right where I am supposed to be. 


It's really only ONE weeks difference and I am trying to not get my hopes up!


Good news; baby is head down still ( I thought one day he/she wasn't, and I was wrong) AND is dropping, but hasn't quite yet.


Momma:
I think I am more in awe of my growing baby and bump then ever before. I can only imagine this will get even more incredible by the time I am 40 weeks. I keep peeking down and holding a mirror to see my stretching belly and wondering why on earth I still have no stretch marks! I can guarantee by the end I will, I mean I have to! I am not sleeping very good at all right now and thankfully I am about to take my maternity leave. I honestly didn't think I would need it, but the closer we get to our due date, the more tired I become. I've heard horror stories, so really I can't complain though. I'm 33 weeks in and feeling really great! Um, other than when they weigh me at the doctors. I've officially hit the 30 pound mark! YIKES! I try and calm myself by subtracting the baby's weight, my chest weight and all of the fluids, etc... (ha) and still can't believe it! 


My newest "ailment" is my right hip. I think, wait I know, my hips are spreading. I feel this terrible pain in my right hip and thankfully the baby is most comfortable when I sleep on my left side, otherwise I don't know what I would do. Two different nights this week, I was walking like I needed a hip replacement. One of those times was when Ted and I were trying to pick out a movie for our home date. I could barely walk!  We don't have a bath tub so that has been hard this pregnancy and now before I go to bed I take a hot shower and aim it towards my back especially. That seems to help a ton most nights. So I guess that's a prayer request. Everything else seems good!


A funny story before I get off; 
Every night Ted and I sing 'You are my sunshine' to the baby and the more tired I am, the more hysterical the singing becomes, with every word I am breathing it out sometimes instead of singing. It takes a lot more of my oxygen, having our baby growing so big inside! Last night topped every night so far. I was lying on my back (I can't lay on my right side and Ted always wants to put his mouth to my tummy when singing) and we started singing and I was so wiped out that I started out fine and by the time I was at "sunshine" my voice went super high and shrill. Ted and I just started laughing. It was pretty funny. Our poor baby! No, really he/she loves it. I know this because we can honestly say, as soon as we start our singing, baby begins to move even despite his/her mommy's tired singing. We adore it, but definitely can't wait to have him/her lying between us when we sing. Oh golly!! 


Sorry about the not so great prego photos this week. I was impatient and did self portraits (which are always interesting) and this morning Ted finally took one for me as we rushed out the door.
Well, love yas!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

my hips felt the same way i could only lay on my left side most of the time and i would have to have tim stretch my legs out everyday, i would crawl to the bedrooms some nights because it hurt so bad i could barely walk :-( and hun dont worry bout the baby weight you will be amazed how fast you lose weight after delivery! its amazing!
love ya
danielle

Jami & Baby Davis said...

Oh man! I'm glad to hear this is normal. Someone else told me today it IS because of your hips spreading! Whoa. I'm glad it's happening now and not earlier.

I'm not too too scared of the baby weight all of the time (just most ;) ). Plus I am determined to begin walking, then jogging after our baby comes! DETERMINED! Thanks for your encouragement friend!! <3 ya!

Ashton Shjandemaar said...

Haha, i have no idea. Thats the name..Bodie, still unsure of the middle name still have two to narrow it down to. We'll see...
Your getting so big, i wouldnt be surprised if you had the baby in June. :) The sooner the better to meet your little one!
AND And and i are coming home here soon, well around the week of June 22-27, SO we should really try and get together!!

♥ Ash and little Bodie

Melissa said...

LOL - that is so funny because Justine told me about you too... and I was JUST reading your blog! It sounds like we've had a lot of similarities in these pregnancies... I'm at work now, but I'll have to read more soon and send you another comment! :)

Anonymous said...

Where is that baby going to go over the next 6+ weeks? It will takes weeks for E/C to unfold itself! :) Loving you, Madre'