Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 29

A Week of Firsts.

Last week was full of 'first' for Chase! His first Christmas, the first time he scooted all over the room, the first time he flung himself from the car seat to the ground (scared me terribly), the first time he officially, without-a-doubt raised his arms to be picked up (so precious!), the first time he attempted to eat wrapping paper, the first time he toppled the tree on top of him (and me) and the reason I am writing this blog... the first time he ate baby food.







The cereal was as bland as could be, so not to shock him and yet it still did! He's used to the sweetness of breastmilk!



Doesn't know what to think about this.

"That was disgusting!"
We've decided to wait on feeding him throughout the day and to just feed him once every day or every other day, until he is used to it- plus I jumped ahead a little bit out of excitement, he's not even 6 months yet. Poor buddy. I can't wait to introduce him to veggies and later, fruits and meats but for now this is what's I feel is best for him. I can't wait to see his face after eating one of those, he may even like it!

I am looking forward to him sleeping more because he has a fuller belly than normal! He digest breastmilk so fast sometimes, that he's back for more and more and more throughout the night! On the days we've fed him rice cereal, he's slept so much better at night. Last night he slept the longest I can remember. 9:30 pm to 7:30 am! That I am looking forward to!


Chase eats his first meal from Jami Davis on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

hee hee! :) we started real food with Josiah this week too. Well... actually, I've been doing cereal (oatmeal) for the last few weeks, but we started branching out with avocado on Sunday (which he hated) and now we're trying sweet potatoes... which he's unsure of, but doesn't hate like the avocado! :) I'm making his food so far... are you going to do that? A friend just told me tonight that supposedly it can take up to 12 tries of a food before a baby will get used to it and like it. We mixed the cereal with diluted pear juice (because he'd already had that before and i knew he liked it) but I probably shouldn't have gotten him used to something so sweet. Maybe that's why he didn't like the avocado! :) Anyway.. fun times! I can't believe Chase is scooting... Josiah tries but so far he hasn't moved much. It's coming soon though! Time to baby-proof!

Anonymous said...

yay! i read you can start trying solids with babies as early as four months but my dr. reccommended 6 mo. so we waiting until then (after trying once at 4 mo. and Landen hated it) at 6 mo. he was more than ready and he loved it! not so much the rice ceral though, but we added a bit of fruit baby food and it made it a bit better :-) its getting so big and cuter and cuter in every picture! miss you guys
love ya
Danielle

Anonymous said...

typo! he-Chase is getting so big.

oops
hehe

Little Mrs Mason said...

This comment is for the last three posts... SO cute!!! I am so excited for you guys! Also... I have been thinking that since Chey is gone, we should have some serious hang out times... Let me know what you think :) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!