Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 21

Week 21: Getting To Know My Baby.

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since we've had a decent prego picture. We've been super busy, not to mention the fact that we've forgotten our camera at the perfect times and now Ted has it with him in New Orleans! Bummer, I know. I'm sick of using our mac photo booth, but next week, hopefully we will have a real prego pic!


Baby: (Remember our baby is measuring big at least for the next few weeks of this info...) baby "now" weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. (OH GOLLY) You may soon feel like he or she is practicing martial arts as baby's initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges (I DO!) The baby can hear my voice, and I know it can because when I sing to him/her, SOMETIMES it kicks baby starts moving around. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

Momma:
I've felt completely emotional in a very good way this week. I've begun to really connect with our baby. Talking with him/her, singing, lying down and just feeling the baby's movements. It's made me extremely excited, and this week I've felt more attatched and in love than I thought possible. I've never met our baby, obviously, but I can't even describe the way I feel about him/her. There was a commercial I saw this weekend at my grandparents place, and I'm now thankful we don't have tv... because I almost always teared up when I saw it. It is a commercial for Gerber baby, and it begins like a wedding vow, only it's for baby. It captures my attention each time. I saw it 3 times, and I just can't wait to meet our baby!

Changes lately... I look as though I've swallowed a basketball whole. No joke. I'm loving it, but due to the most recent growth spirts in baby, I get full faster, and hungry more often(if that makes sense). I also use the bathroom A LOT more. I can now tell where he/she sits in my tummy. Right now- baby is pushing against my left side with it's hand/head and kicking me at my right. i L O V E it. I can't say that enough.

Well, this is another novel of my baby & bump. Thanks for listening.
Love, Jami & Baby E (I am actually unsure for the first time about having a girl. I mean, I am no longer convinced which means I probably should stop calling baby, Baby E...!)

1 comment:

Kami said...

Jami, I had to watch the Gerber commercial after reading this...Here's how it goes:
I promise...
...To take you as my child...as the mom watches the ultrasound;
...To love you for better or worse;
...to cry with you;
...to be silly with you;
To first steps...
to first words...
potty training;
to nourish your body and your dreams.
To help you start and stay healthy!

I still promise these things to you, my sweet, round daughter. I love you so much & know you will be the BEST Madre'!
Love,
Your Madre'